I'm intrigued by these ovens - they seem perfect for a studio where space is limited - compact, energy efficient and they won't heat up the entire house.  European polymeristas have commented on them at voila.eu.com and they seem to work fine with polymer.  I like that the glass bowl can be so easily cleaned of polymer residue (Fagor brand).   Anybody have any experience with them?

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

I'm on the point of ordering one, just because I'm so frustrated with every oven I've ever used. I 'm using a convection oven at the moment, and had a disaster the other day...
What interested me was the idea of no preheating time. I seem to spend hours making sure the oven isn't going up or down. Sorry not to have something more concrete to add - I too am curious to see what others have to say!
I finally broke down and bought a good oven too. A Sears convection like Ronna's. And let me just say, PHEW! The convection fans keep the temp. steady as it goes and I no longer worry about ruining work. Afterward, i wondered what took me so long. Even $350 for a vital piece of studio equipment is cheap compared to other crafts.
True, the fan is strong. The first time I used the oven I had placed the pieces on a bed of baking soda, and I had a bit of a white storm inside the oven. Should have taken pictures. To solve the problem, I now put small pieces in a pyrex dish which I then place inside the oven.
Hi Betsy. I have been looking at these ovens as well. My concern is not performance but rather spacial limitations. Will I be able to use my current baking trays, etc.
I laughed at Christine Dumont's baking soda incident while using the oven.

RSS

Latest Activity

Rebecca Skeels commented on Rebecca Skeels's group The Association for Contemporary Jewellery
7 hours ago
Rebecca Skeels commented on Rebecca Skeels's group The Association for Contemporary Jewellery
"Just 1 week to go! Apply for One Year In @NewDesigners – the exhibition for talented designers launching new creative businesses. Deadline 31 January https://bit.ly/2KQHNCd"
7 hours ago
"  Graduate Program: Jewellery & Diamonds Production and Sales Graduate Program: Jewellery & Diamonds Production and Sales, Taylor & Hart - City of London   Company Taylor & Hart   Location City of…"
yesterday
"Jewellery Designer   Chessington (KT9), Chessington Competitive Salary + Benefits + Staff Discount Oliver Bonas Permanent https://www.totaljobs.com/job/jewellery-designer/oliver-bonas-job84797455  "
yesterday

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Brigitte Martin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service