Let's use this discussion thread to chat about the upcoming conference.

Tags: 2011, Art, Clay, Conference, Playhaus, World, clay, metal

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Watch out.....they love to give kisses!!!!
Yes, it really hurt to lose my Yorkie. She was 13 years old and I had to give her insulin shots twice a day for diabetes.
I have never been, so, are there classes before the conference and then speakers at the conference? Is that how it works? Does everyone stay at the same hotel?

Hi Janet,

Yes, there are pre-conference classes that you can sign up for.  If you don't sign up for any of those classes, then you would just attend the conference and listen to all the speakers at the conference.  Here is the website with all of the information you need:

http://www.metalclayworldconference.com/

Also, there is a $35 discount if you are an Art Clay Society member.  Registration is "early bird" until June 1 - then the fee goes up so it is good to register early! :-)

As Ann said, it is held at a resort so everyone stays in the same hotel. 

Christine

I have been twice and yes they do have pre-classes and most people stay at the Hilton :)

Yes, that's it exactly,

actually it's a resort, you never have to leave. google Metal Clay World Conference 2011

Okay, I've compiled the list of Playhaus conference Attendee's.  If you aren't on the list and will be attending, please let us know. 

You're Playhaus playmates will be:  Me, Christine Norton, Ann Davis, Cindy Miller, Tina Degreef, Julia Rai, Roxan Waluk, Kenji, Gordon, Alice Alper-Rein, Angela Baduel Crispin, Sheila Schwede, Pam East, Wanaree Tanner, Joy Funnell, Lisa Barth, Lesley Massman, Jackie Truty and her Jack Russel terrior, Jeanette LaBlac.

I know I am missing quite a few people so please speak up!!  It would be nice to have a head count.

Susan

I'm going, Susan! Haven't missed a single conference yet!

This is so funny!  Susan just named us PLAYHAUS PLAYMATES!!!!

And....a bunch of you have....PLAYHAUS PETS!!!!

I feel the need to buy a bunny!
No just Bunny Ears!!!

RSS

Latest Activity

Sarah Loch-Test posted photos
41 minutes ago
Sarah Rachel Brown is now a member of crafthaus
52 minutes ago
Erin Rappleye liked Zachary Lihatsh's photo
12 hours ago
Brigitte Martin posted blog posts
17 hours ago
Brigitte Martin left a comment for Melissa Cameron
"You are welcome! Looking at the exhibit again, I couldn't help thinking how much has changed since 2011, that exhibit was such a groundbreaking idea..."
19 hours ago
Melissa Cameron left a comment for Brigitte Martin
"Thanks for the ManJewellery flashback, it's a nice reminder while I'm deep in the dungeon making that there's another more fun/frivolous side to this business ;) xx m"
20 hours ago
Melissa Cameron commented on Melissa Cameron's group ManJewellery
"Me either Dauvit! Whoa, how time flies! Thanks to Brigitte for the reminder ;)"
20 hours ago
Harriete Estel Berman commented on Brigitte Martin's blog post Techshop just added the A to STEM
"The TECH shops offer access to equipment that artists, makers, or entrepreneurs may not have the resources, space or need to purchase for their own use. We live near the original Tech shop Look on their website for the list of equipment. You…"
22 hours ago
Zachary Lihatsh posted photos
yesterday
james malonebeach commented on Brigitte Martin's blog post Mysterious Metal Heads - Dale Dunning
"these are fantastickle."
yesterday
Zachary Lihatsh is now a member of crafthaus
yesterday
The Justified Sinner commented on Melissa Cameron's group ManJewellery
"I cannot believe that this was five years ago! Thanks for reminding me."
yesterday
Melissa Cameron posted a blog post

Intimate Immensities

artist Serideh KarimiI'm currently involved in a beautiful online…See More
yesterday
Harriete Estel Berman posted a status
"Can You Connect Me with a Good, Simple Exhibition Contract? http://tinyurl.com/jnpm67f"
Tuesday
Brigitte Martin commented on Jim Cotter's status
"This looks like great fun!"
Tuesday
Trish Smith is now a member of crafthaus
Monday

Masthead Credits

Leisa Rich, Atlanta, GA

"Happy to See You, Too", 2016
16" X 12" X 9"
Materials: PLA, acrylic, plastic, oil paint, recycled reflexology/yoga mat
Technique: 3D printing, assemblage