Outline of project, purpose/goal:

The purpose is to create and complete rocket rings, and at least one red herring ring
which will be chased/repoussed and shaped into more 3 dimensional organic, low relief.

I want to see what I can do by combining my chasing/repousse ability with the simple sterling silver ring.

The goal for me is to be able to do my chasing/repousse work, (which I love), into something that is a more marketable item than a sardine tin.

The sale of these unique rings will support the purchase of enough equipment to enable me to continue to do this in my own studio.

Start date of project and duration:

September 4, 2013 - about December 11, 2013

The project will begin September 4th, 2013...and be completed in December, during intense Wednesdays and Tuesdays, days and evenings, and whenever else I can steal time.

Location of project:

The chasing/repousse work will happen in my Spring Green, Wisconsin printmaking studio,
and the rest of the work will happen in the fully equiped small metals shop of Madison Area Technical College, Madison, Wisconsin...downtown campus.

Requested funding amount:
$400

Other information, e.g. images or other relevant (visual) documentation to further illustrate project:

I'm showing the three rings I've made already, a squirrel bracelet I pounded out of an aluminum wire,
and a couple sardine tins which show my chasing/repousse.
Over the years of arting,  my hands have taken on the look of strong, makers hands.
I've always admired hands that were well trained in making things....
My dad had them.
I haven't worn a ring in years that looked like it belonged on my hands, so, I decided to make something that did.
The Rocket Rings not only mean something special to me, as do my RedHerring/sardine pieces,
but they do look good on my hands.

Views: 649

Latest Activity

Aleksandra Vali posted a status
"2023 Fortezza da Basso, Florence, Italy"
Sep 19, 2023
Aleksandra Vali and Letitia Pintilie are now friends
Sep 19, 2023
Catherine Marche liked Rebecca Skeels's discussion streamlining our pages
Feb 3, 2021
Jonathan Leo Brown posted a status
"An art deco inspired ocean liner container with multiple containers."