Sara: These are experiments based on Nicola's initial ideas when collecting the first lot of materials:

And compositional experiments with lengths of ribbon,silver chain and paper clips:

Both ideas combined:

I like the simplicity of these samples and the idea that each piece can be added to/have sections taken away. The pink ribbon allows for me to experiment with the softer spectrum of our materials and achieve a pretty and wearable outcome. I actually really like the silver against the pink. Being cleaner and reflective, it is a nice contrast against the grittier rusted pieces, whilst still sitting well within our collection. Although I will make similiar pieces to rust too.

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Nicola: First of all I want to give you a link to Nicolas Cheng's work - the use of everyday materials and deteriorating pieces instantly made me think of Re-worked. Check it out here: 

http://www.apparat.be/brooches/nicolas-cheng

Secondly I love the ribbon with the hook & eyes - it looks like a random scrap rather than a constructed piece. I like that, if we were to use this in a final piece, then many pieces could be linked together randomly.

I also really love the concertina ribbon - that has really intrigued me - it could maybe be used alongside the safety pin chains?

I'm not so excited by my initial idea of the ribbon supporting the safety chains. I actually think they're stronger piled together rather than added too.

RSS

Latest Activity

Aleksandra Vali posted a status
"2023 Fortezza da Basso, Florence, Italy"
Sep 19, 2023
Aleksandra Vali and Letitia Pintilie are now friends
Sep 19, 2023
Catherine Marche liked Rebecca Skeels's discussion streamlining our pages
Feb 3, 2021
Jonathan Leo Brown posted a status
"An art deco inspired ocean liner container with multiple containers."
Nov 9, 2020