Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
Call for Artists - A crafthaus Online Exhibition
Exhibition Date Aug 22 - Sept 22
Deadline to submit: July 15, 2014
A Harvest used to describe a traditional method of collecting ripened foods and crops, on small independent farms often managed by the family. Today, with mechanized farming and modern industrial agriculture, the word harvest is almost redundant. We are less connected to the land and less in touch with the seasons as most foods are available year round. So what does “Harvest" mean in today’s world? Is there a new context for this word? Does it have a place in the world of ideas, business and commerce or any other modern activity?
The works selected for this exhibition offer an interpretation of the traditional understanding of Harvest, a more modern take on the idea, or the juxtaposition of the two.
This crafthaus online exhibition is looking for craft work in all media.
No entry fee.
All are welcome to submit entries
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Up to 5 images, jpg/jpeg formatted,
- label each image beginning with your name followed by a number or description
- include artwork information - type of media and materials, measurements, other descriptions as necessary
- website address
- photo credits (name of photographer)
- A short descriptive text about the work, 3-4 sentences will suffice
- no entry fee
- The online exhibition is public and will remain on the website even after the exhibition is over.
- Crafthaus is used extensively for online research by major US craft organizations and publications. This means great visibility for the makers form outside of the US/Canadian craft world and internationally.
- Crafthaus membership is NOT required to participate in an online exhibition.
About the Curator: Cyd Rowley is an independent studio jeweler living in Silver Spring, Maryland