Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
This is a call for Jewellers and Silversmiths to send an image of work/s for consideration to be featured in an on-line crafthaus exhibition that aims to show the best of contemporary narrative work.
May Brooch Three: Mark Fenn
925 Silver with Gold Detail H:50 mm W: 35mm x D 3mm
Requested image requirements:
formatted at 600x800 or 800x600 (depending on orientation) works best
- clearly labelled photos to match the photo information (in other words, if you send 5 images for consideration , I will need to know which image is which from the descriptions) may I suggest that you use your name follow by a number i.e mark-fenn-001.jpg this also helps search engines find your work
- title of work
- year made
- captions (material, measurements)
- a short descriptive text from you about the work and its narrative, 3-4 sentences suffice this is very important
- photo credits (name of photographer)
- website address
- Deadline to email images to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title Narrative : September 1, 2014
- Online exhibition date: October 24th - November 24th, 2014
- no entry fee
- The online exhibition is public and will remain on the website even after the exhibition is over.
- Crafthaus is used extensively for online research by major US craft organizations and publications. This means great visibility for the makers form outside of the US/Canadian craft world and internationally.
- Crafthaus membership is NOT required to participate in an online exhibition.
About the Curator :- Mark Fenn
Mark Fenn is a contemporary studio Jeweller and Silversmith with a BA (Hons) degree in Silversmithing, Goldsmithing and Jewellery from UCA.
Mark’s studio work is informed by the narrative and the personal. Mark is an award winning silversmith and a graduate member of Contemporary British Silversmiths. He is also a full member of The Association of Contemporary Jewellery and also sits on the ACJ advisory panel. He is based in the seaside town of Whitstable, Kent, UK.
Can you define what you mean by "narrative" work? Thanks
Hi Cyd a very goo A wearable object that contains a commentary or message which the maker, by means of visual representation, has the overt intention to communicate to an audience through the intervention of the wearer. (Cunningham, Practice based PHD, 2007) But I’ve also asked silversmiths to enter so the object does not have to be wearable. For me it can be anything that tells a story or was inspired by a story etc