Dear artists

By getting a better appreciation of the work of others, we can improve our own work as artists. With this in mind, members of Voila! have participated in a learning forum on critiquing/judging. The objectives were to develop tools including a framework to help critique artwork and a scoring sheet to judge it. These tools will be used to judge the Polymeristas of the Month on Voila! (www.voila.eu.com)

The encouraging but not altogether satiating “wow”, “great”, “I love your work”
is often all we get in lieu of a critique. If you'd like a reaction to your work that goes beyond this post one image of your work by August 31, midnight (GMT) Please, post only one piece – several images of the same piece are fine. Both the framework and the scoring sheets are accessible on the forum now. (You must log in to access).

By participating, you will help the judges-in-training with their learning. You will be able to get a sense of how your work is perceived by fellow members who have been reflecting on these issues for a few weeks. It is the wish of all who participated in this learning forum that the Framework should help you with your own journey as an artist.

Happy journey!

Christine

Tags: critiquing, judging

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ronna, thanks for your reply. I think that for the moment, I don't want to overwhelm the Judges-in-Training panel with too many submissions, and would like to stay with polymer clay. Having said that, we have much to learn from our fellow artists in other disciplines, and the idea of widening the circle is appealling.

I plan to run other workshops to explore in more depth various components of the framework - specific elements of art or principles of design, to give examples - and maybe that'd be the time to invite other disciplines to participate.

Yes, by all means, spread the word. I've posted on facebook, but if you "paid it forward", I would greatly appreciate it.
That sounds great, very constructive ....
Thanks !

RSS

Latest Activity

Brigitte Martin posted blog posts
1 hour ago
GLORIA CARLOS posted a photo

New work at gloriacarlos.bigcartel
9 hours ago
Mark Fenn - Studiofenn joined Nicolette Absil's group
Thumbnail

A New Path: Enameling in the Round

New experiences in enameling, while taking "Enameling in the Round," with Harlan Butt at Peters Valley.See More
11 hours ago
Gigi Mariani left a comment for Frederique Coomans
"thanks for frinendship :)"
13 hours ago
Gigi Mariani and Frederique Coomans are now friends
13 hours ago
Laritza Garcia is now friends with Shalena White, Angela Arteritano and Meghann Sottile
19 hours ago
Marissa Guthrie posted a photo

Post-Human

A piece illustrating extinction and the chain effect of if one animal goes extinct that the next that had previously depended on that species will also become extinct.2014
21 hours ago
Melanie Sweet posted photos
21 hours ago
Melanie Sweet commented on Brigitte Martin's blog post American Art Dealer Helen Drutt English Donates $2 Million Collection to Hermitage
"I have been to the Hermitage, and it is amazing.  It is not, however, an easy place to visit.  An American still cannot roam freely in Russia.  Travel requires special visas, or being part of an organized tour from which you may not…"
22 hours ago
Melanie Sweet joined Lorena Angulo's group
Thumbnail

Behind the Brooch part 2

I am happy to share with all of you more images of wonderful brooches from artists around the word. I had so many submissions on my first call that I had to create a second part exhibition. This exhibition focuses on a side of the brooch we usually do not pay much attention to: the back side. Our first look is naturally always trained at the front, but when we do take the time to look at the back of a brooch, it will oftentimes reveal a surprising aspect for us, a delightful little secret. With…See More
22 hours ago
Lucy Louise Derickson left a comment for Rebecca Skeels
"Hi Rebecca, Thanks for the comment. I'm new to Crafthaus and haven't set up my page just yet, but here is my website www.lucyderickson.comI hope to get my page sorted out asap!  Thanks again. :) Lucy  "
23 hours ago
alice simpson commented on alice simpson's status
"I walked away from art for a while, but clay is calling again...."
23 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brigitte Martin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service