Dear artists

By getting a better appreciation of the work of others, we can improve our own work as artists. With this in mind, members of Voila! have participated in a learning forum on critiquing/judging. The objectives were to develop tools including a framework to help critique artwork and a scoring sheet to judge it. These tools will be used to judge the Polymeristas of the Month on Voila! (www.voila.eu.com)

The encouraging but not altogether satiating “wow”, “great”, “I love your work”
is often all we get in lieu of a critique. If you'd like a reaction to your work that goes beyond this post one image of your work by August 31, midnight (GMT) Please, post only one piece – several images of the same piece are fine. Both the framework and the scoring sheets are accessible on the forum now. (You must log in to access).

By participating, you will help the judges-in-training with their learning. You will be able to get a sense of how your work is perceived by fellow members who have been reflecting on these issues for a few weeks. It is the wish of all who participated in this learning forum that the Framework should help you with your own journey as an artist.

Happy journey!

Christine

Tags: critiquing, judging

Views: 48

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ronna, thanks for your reply. I think that for the moment, I don't want to overwhelm the Judges-in-Training panel with too many submissions, and would like to stay with polymer clay. Having said that, we have much to learn from our fellow artists in other disciplines, and the idea of widening the circle is appealling.

I plan to run other workshops to explore in more depth various components of the framework - specific elements of art or principles of design, to give examples - and maybe that'd be the time to invite other disciplines to participate.

Yes, by all means, spread the word. I've posted on facebook, but if you "paid it forward", I would greatly appreciate it.
That sounds great, very constructive ....
Thanks !

RSS

Latest Activity

Tom McCarthy liked Brigitte Martin's blog post 2015 SNAG/ crafthaus Conference Scholarship Recipient - Kelly Nye
6 hours ago
Brigitte Martin posted a blog post

2015 SNAG/ crafthaus Conference Scholarship Recipient - Kelly Nye

Crafthaus is pleased to announce that Kelly M. Nye has been chosen as the 2015 recipient of the SNAG/crafthaus Conference Scholarship Award. Congratulations!Kelly Nye is an adjunct professor of metal & jewelry, sculpture and foundation design at CCAD and Capital University in Columbus, Ohio.…See More
7 hours ago
Poppy Porter commented on Mark Fenn - Studiofenn's group Tales From the Tool Box - Chapter Two
"Both part one and part two are a real treat thank you for curating such a vibrant and interesting collection Mark."
8 hours ago
Poppy Porter joined Mark Fenn - Studiofenn's group
Thumbnail

Tales From the Tool Box - Chapter Two

Thank you for viewing this on-line exhibitionThis exhibition is a showcase for narrative work.I would like to personally thank all the makers who took the time to submit work for this on-line exhibition. Image Left: DualityMaker: Younha JungImage Credit: Kathleen BrowneSee More
8 hours ago
Poppy Porter joined Mark Fenn - Studiofenn's group
Thumbnail

Tales From the Tool Box - Chapter One

Thank you for viewing this on-line exhibitionThis exhibition is a showcase for narrative work, with over 234 images it was decided that the exhibition would be in two parts with chapter two being on-line in January 2015I would like to personally thank all the makers who took the time to submit work for this on-line exhibition. Image left: Dauvit AlexanderTitle - "Blood Will Have Blood: A Macbeth Brooch" Image Credit: Photography by Andrew Neilson, Neilson Photography. See More
8 hours ago
Poppy Porter liked Mark Fenn - Studiofenn's group Tales From the Tool Box - Chapter One
8 hours ago
Poppy Porter liked Mark Fenn - Studiofenn's group Tales From the Tool Box - Chapter Two
8 hours ago
Brigitte Martin liked Connie Fox's photo
9 hours ago
Harriete Estel Berman posted photos
9 hours ago
Connie Fox posted a photo
9 hours ago
Tom Muir and Nicolette Absil are now friends
11 hours ago
Harriete Estel Berman posted a status
"Learn how you can help medical research as a healthy control at: https://www.researchmatch.org/?p=84ad134f"
17 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brigitte Martin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service