In September of this year the touring Bodywork exhibition, or to give it its…
PARTICIPATORY SPORT FOR CRAFT ARTISTS
• I discuss my exhibition The New Materiality: Digital Dialogues at the Boundaries of Contemporary Craft at The Milwaukee Art Museum with local public radio host Bonnie North on WUWM, http://www.wuwm.com/programs/lake_effect/le_sgmt.php?segmentid=7294
• The New Materiality started its national tour at the Milwaukee Art Museum March 9 - June 12, 2011 was reviewed at Third Coast Digest, http://thirdcoastdigest.com/2011/03/new-materiality-at-mam-craft-in-the-digital-age/
• Review of Progeny II exhibition with my son, Deborah Willis and her son Hank Willis Thomas at the Harvey Gantt Center in Charlotte, NC by Frank Martin in the Daily Serving Januay 2011: http://dailyserving.com/2011/01/progeny-ii-on-art-family-race-and-culture/
• My curatorial work for the exhibition, The New Materiality: Digital Dialogues at the Boundaries of Contemporary Craft, was reviewed favorably in the June 20, 2010 Sunday Boston Globe: http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2010/06/20/when_handmade_meets_digital_sparks_fly/
• My work The Baartman Diaries was reviewed in the winter 2008 issue of the International Review of African American Art by R. Shabaka.