After a successful 2016 Halstead Design Kit Challenge (remember, all that wonderful kinetic work that was created?), Halstead Bead and SNAG teamed up again to bring you a new challenge. This time we ask you to again create a brooch but instead of making it kinetic, incorporate a photo of some kind!
The last challenge offered 100 kits for sale and we ran out of kits within 48 hours. To meet the demand we are offering 200 kits this time around. You will want to jump on this opportunity. Fast!
What's this all about? Here's the digest:
A picture is worth 1000 words. What does your image reveal? Part of your family history, a treasured memory, or an object you want to immortalize? Whatever image you choose, it will be deeply personal and tell your story.
- Create one brooch from the Halstead Design kit utilizing a minimum of 50% of the kit items in your final work. You are also free to add as much materials from outside of the kit as you like. No material is off limits.
- Add one clearly visible photo component into your brooch. This can be an original photo in full or part, or a photo copy, an etching, or decal among other options.
- You can alter any materials you use, including the photo, in any way you want i.e. etching, enameling, forming, cutting, photocopying, laminating etc. Be as adventurous with all the materials as you like!
- Size restrictions: Maximum: 4 x 4 x 1 inches!
- Retail price of finished work cannot exceed $500. Higher priced work will not be considered for exhibition.
- Submit a photo of the original image you used to create your brooch. We want to see what you starting point was.
- Submit a written, signed photo release that clarifies and states you are either the copyright holder of the image you used in your work or you are authorized to use it. We cannot admit work without such a release accompanying the entry.
- Send 3 high res images (1 full view front, 1 full view back, 1 detail shot) of the finished work. Partially finished work or sketches will not be considered.
Here is the complete call and the submission form.
Design kits go on sale October 11, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. PST
Click on link to order yours.
Enjoy the challenge.
NOTE: You do NOT have to be a SNAG member to participate.