PARTICIPATORY SPORT FOR CRAFT ARTISTS
Brand Manager - Product Development - Jewelry
|Job Description:||The Brand Manager executes the brand/concept vision to meet customer needs and capitalize on opportunities in the marketplace for a specific business and concept. The Brand Manager leads development of the merchandise strategy and line development to meet seasonal sales and margin goals. The Brand Manager reports to the Senior Director of Private Brands.
Maintain Brand Equity and Understand Customer Profile
• Provide input into seasonal business/concept strategy that will help achieve overall strategic goals.
• Understand and communicate key customer insights and competitive findings to influence seasonal strategy.
• Deliver Saks Brands line that is commensurate with target customer demographics, lifestyle, and aesthetic preferences.
o Ensure seasonal collection is on-brand
o Develop seasonal line that delivers against merchandise strategy.
• Partner with retail team to develop strong offering and help to sell vision and positioning.
Merchandise the Saks Brands Line
• Execute against the strategic direction and meets financial targets.
• Develop and manage core seasonal merchandise assortments
o Partner with Saks Brand’s Planning team to complete hindsight analysis; apply insights to subsequent seasonal development and Merchandise Financial Plans.
o Seasonally, determine appropriate breadth and classification focus .
o Collaborates with the buying team, the Brand Director will build Category Strategy and develop line/ SKU plan that provide clear assortment guidelines early in the season for design (excluding buying organization).
o Partner with Sourcing, Production & QA and vendors or agents to communicate the strategic direction of the seasonal line.
• Determine appropriate seasonal concept and color (stories, palettes, etc.) and develop styles that meet brand aesthetic, quality and margin targets.
• Interact with Saks Retail Buying to understand product trends and deliver on sales targets.
• Analyze performance; review and modify business strategy to meet financial targets.
o Responsible for communication regarding progress towards meeting margin targets.
• Participate in and facilitate applicable product development meetings.
• Accountability for maintaining sales and gross margin plans.
Manage Product Development Activities
• Gather and guide seasonal product inspiration.
o Define key aesthetic attributes for new styles.
o Provide commentary on core assortment, as needed, e.g., margin improvements, fit, trim changes required, etc.
• Regularly communicate style characteristics and cost targets to sourcing and vendor partners.
o Review and validate initial costing and subsequent rounds of costing.
o Negotiate with vendors regarding costing and product quality to ensure IMU targets are met.
• Manage the sample development process.
o Facilitate sample review to evaluate style aesthetic, color, material and quality.
• Partner with Retail Buying team, as needed, to get input on key programs, new styles, etc.
• Maintain material, color, and fit libraries.
o Partner with Sourcing, Production & QA team to obtain and categorize relevant swatches, samples, etc.
• All follow up and communication to buying office regarding delivery, sample status, style changes, etc.
• Communication on delivery of PO’s to vendor.
|Job Requirements:||• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in related field.
• Ability to identify and present trends and lead fabric research and development for respective product area.
• Broad knowledge of retail, merchandising, and product development a plus. 3 – 5 years of retail Product Manager or Brand Director experience. Expert in assigned categories/classifications. Experience with wholesale brands or a vertical retailer a plus.
• Must be able to manage projects and leverage resources across all levels of management to execute against deadlines. Must be structured and organized and have excellent communication skills; specifically written. Ability to analyze performance accountability metrics. Flexible and adaptable. Ability to work and collaborate with multiple levels within the buying office and in the field. Great teamwork and interpersonal skills needed. Ability to delegate work to and manage direct reports; provide developmental feedback. PC operation ability, including MS Word and Outlook.