Community. Engagement. Advocacy. Humor.
Point of Contact
General Management internships at Attack Theatre are ideal for persons interested in the overall workings of a performing arts organization. The General Management intern interacts with all departments including artistic, production, marketing and business and will assist the Managing Director with special projects in the areas of accounting and organizational management. Duties include daily business functions, research/analysis, coordinating staff/Board committee meetings and special projects aligned with the candidate's individual focus.
Intern Position Description:
Founded 15 years ago, Attack Theatre has experienced growth in programming and budget in the last 5 years. With a staff of four full-time employees working interdependently, a studio/rehearsal space in the Pittsburgh Opera building in the Strip District, and a team of dancers, musicians and designers; this position offers a valuable experiential learning component that more compartmentalized internships in large organizations cannot offer. This internship will offer insight and experience in the workings of a growing nonprofit arts organization based locally and working globally.
Applicant must be willing to take initiative, work independently and effectively within a fast paced environment. Intern may:
• Assist with organization of 2010/11 programs including: performances at the New Hazlett Theater and a site-specific venue, collaborations with Pittsburgh Opera, annual fundraiser The Dirty Ball, Game Night Studio Events and numerous educational residences;
• Develop marketing strategies for promotion of studio activities and events;
• Assist with local and national marketing including: updating press packets/promotional materials, analyzing audience data and surveys to track audience trends;
• Assist with tracking audience/participant data for all studio, outreach and performance activities;
• Assist with preparation of local and national grants and final reports, upkeep of grant calendar and deadlines; and
• Research new donor sources and corporate sponsorships.
Intern Will Gain:
• Diverse skills and hands-on experience in nonprofit management for a small to mid-sized performing arts organization;
• Experience supporting Attack Theatre programs that include local theater and site-specific productions, arts education and national touring initiatives;
• Experience coordinating and communicating with artists;
• Opportunities to give creative insights or feedback regarding potential projects/performances, marketing and sponsorship strategies; and
• Opportunities to interact with professionals in the nonprofit sector, specifically the arts.