Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
So there are many new and exciting developments in the world of Rickson Art Jewellery. (Anything underlined is a link!)
1. I recieved the EMERGE: Crafthaus Scholarship from Brigitte Martin. Thank you very much! I am using the funds to help with my trip to Houston for the SNAG Conferance. I can now actually attend the event instead of lurking outside!
2. My work will be in two exhibitions at SNAG, one being Body Extremities.March 1-14, 2010, opening March 11 5pm - 7:30
The Hung Center, 5200 Montrose Blvd, Houston Texas 77006, Juried by Andy Cooperman
3. My work will also be exhibited on mysefl in the Exhibition in Motion at the Museum of Fine Arts, Curated by Angela Gleason and produced by Barbara Kile.
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
1001 Bissonnet Street
Thursday, March 11, 7:45PM
Click here to view a previous Exhbition in Motion from San Fransisco in 2003
4. My work is also being displayed in Talente at the International Trades fair in Munich Germany, March 3-9, 2010. Here's a snippet from the Crafts Council site about Talente:
'In existence since 1980 and held annually as part of the International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades in Munich, Germany; Talente is one of Europe’s most prestigious showcases for emerging talent in the areas of design, technology and craft.'
5. Sculpture created by myself will also be on display in a group Show called Life's a Bench! at Studio K162 Renate Scholz, Klugstraße 162, Munich. Tel. 089-1577231, from March 4 - 7. This is a part of SCHMUCK, I see it as the Europian SNAG. :)
6. I am going to be blogging about Canadian jewellery and craft right here on the ever popular Crafthaus. I just can't wait! Some early ideas are profiles on Canadian craftspeople, a list of interesting shows to both visit and exhbit in in Toronto, and across Canada, and stores, galleries and studios that support Canadian artists!
7. I am going to start volunteering with MAG, to help with their website and image. I am very excited about this, as SNAG is coming to Toronto in 2013 and I hope to take part even more than I am in SNAG 2010!
Whew! I feel proud writing it all down. I will be travelling to Munich March 11 -14th so if you are going, please introduce yourself. I'll be the tall woman who looks vaguely like the person in all of my photos! haha
Enjoy! See if you can guess which pieces are being exhibited where!