Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
Mondays are never a good day for me to make blog posts as I go straight from work to an evening meeting, from which I rarely get home before 22.30... however, this is a kind of monday-and-tuesday update on "A Forest". After Satuday's debacle of the sawblades, I managed to get started again on Monday morning with 1 dozen borrowed from one of my students - another of my students brought me half a gross in the afternoon (I have the best students!).
I managed to cast some of the silver elements which will be used in the piece:
These were all drawn in Rhino and milled out on a Roland mill. The acorn cups and leaves will become finials on the top of the "theatre". The lump in the top left of the picture below is the "mossy" support for the mushrooms. It looked like this originally:
I also finished the cutting for the structure of the box:
And re-cut the girl so that she looks to be of a more appropriate scale:
I'll keep the bigger one and make her into something later.
And now, off to bed...