Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
It's the first of February (Imbolc if you know your pagan holidays). This means we are now at the halfway point between the Solstice and the Equinox (read: between the frozen hell of Northeastern Winter and the glorious but short lived Spring.) Tomorrow some old white men will withdraw a portly rodent from a cage and pretend it can predict the future. I don't pretend to understand.
I am in the midst of my annual late winter sulking but as that is not a productive way to live I have compiled this list of things which i am attempting to be excited about.
- Going to the ACHA conference in Phoenix, AZ (for my non-art day job) where it will undoubtedly be scorchingly hot, arrid, and where i will be so pale that my body will reflect light at levels that can be seen from satellites. Any reccomendations for Art, Jewelry, and Vegetarian foods are welcomed.
- The 69 Love Songs event at Cha-Cha'Razzi on Feb 12th
- Planning a fake vacation to the West Coast to look at Grad School (and to visit friends, of course).
- finally having a heating solution for my studio space which seems like it will carry me through the bitter end of this abomination of a season.
- Prepping for a little last minute Craft Show at Vagabond.
- Dreaming big about pushing limits and re-thinking the ways i usually work for the "One Year" project some friends are curating.
That wasn't so hard afterall.