Please welcome our newest crafthaus members:
Donna Brennan, London, UK: jewelry, metals, mixed media
Suzanne Carlsen, Toronto, CANADA: fiber, jewelry, metals
Shaya Durbin, Berkeley, CA: jewelry
Ean Escoto, San Diego, CA: ceramics, jewelry, metals
Willem Heyneker, Perth, AUSTRALIA: jewelry
Andre Lasmar, Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL: ceramics, jewelry, wood
Maia Leppo, Chicago, IL: jewelry, metals
Courtney Denise Lipson, Bellingham, WA: fiber, jewelry
Andrew Markou, Birmingham, UK: furniture, jewelry, metals
Meenu, Cupertino, CA: jewelry, metals, metal clay, mixed media, pol...
Carly Petit-Taylor, Cheshire, Manchester, UK: jewelry, metals, mixe...
Sally Prangley, Seattle, WA: jewelry, metals, mixed media
Simone Richmond, Vancouver, CANADA: jewelry, metals
Jan Schachter, Portola Valley, CA : ceramics
Emily Zilber, Boston, MA: curator, Museum of Fine Arts
- Director, Appalachian Center for Craft
- Arts & Crafts Coordinator Seacamp Association, Inc.
- Executive Director of the Worcester Center for Crafts
- Craft Center Assistant Coordinator, Administration
- PT Woodshop Technician @ Texas Tech University
- California Polytechnic State University Part-Time/Adjunct
- Crafts Technician (Full time, twelve-month position)
- Bench Jeweler at Luisa Graff Jewelers
- Special Projects Manager, The Studio The Corning Museum of Glass
- Residency Opportunity-University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
Opportunities, calls for entry...
- Workshop in Santiago de Chile: "The Political Body, Critical Thinki...
- Call for papers: Asian Lacquer International Symposium Buffalo, New...
SNAG Presents “Forging Entrepreneurs: Tools and Skills for Business...
- Call: Made In Scotland
- Call: Showcase 500 Handmade Books
- Call: Drink This! The Workhouse International Ceramic Cup Show
Behind the Brooch!
FERROUS - A Cooperative Exhibition between Velvet Da Vinci Gallery ...
CHAIN (exhibition on crafthaus and at ACASA museu do objeto brasile...
Calls for various crafthaus online exhibitions
Crafthaus Project Grant! Deadline August 15!
More calls listed on the website (member sign-in)...
Current crafthaus online exhibition:
A Glimpse of Thai Craft-Based Contemporary Art
Even though Thailand is well-known for its craft and mass-produced decorative products, its craft-based contemporary art is relatively unknown to both local and international markets. In this exhibition three fields of craft-based contemporary art are presented: ceramics (4), jewelry (3) and wood (1).
Curator: ATTA Gallery, Bangkok, THAILAND
What else is going on?
Katie Poterala is thinking about Branding in her blog "First Hand"
Real Primates Make Tools...A Primer on Chasing Tools and Stamps posted by Charity Hall.
Melissa Walter interviewed Susie Ganch for her blog Artist Interviews.
Live action Haute Mess (f you're prone to seizures, you probably sh...
The Justified Sinner writes about The Olympic Cauldron
PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART CRAFT SHOW PRESENTS 36th ANNUAL EXHIBITI...
Craft in Sight, episode 3: Glen Guarino
Baghdad Battery, posted by Michael Douglas
The last word...
Paper Artworks by German artist Simon Schubert
What inspired you to use paper as a medium and was origami a reference?
I approached paper more from the point of a sculptor than in the tradition of origami. The first picture was a portrait of Samuel Beckett. I was looking for a way to make a portrait on different levels. The reduction of the material, the pureness of the white paper and the minimal technique in reference to Samuel Beckett's work was as important as the folds in the paper resembling the wrinkles in the face.
Connect. Communicate. Enjoy crafthaus!