Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
Time: May 31, 2012 at 6pm to June 30, 2012 at 12pm
Location: Center for Metal Arts
Website or Map: http://www.centerformetalarts…
Event Type: foldform, art, competition
Organized By: Center for Metal Arts and Brainpress
Latest Activity: May 31, 2012
The inaugural juried competition with 3 awards and some fine prizes.
DEADLINE! June 30! No exceptions! Take your pics now!
What to send:
1. Send images of up to three entries of a foldform pieces in jpg format, maximum 300 dpi to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You may include up to two jpg images of each piece so the judges can see more than one view.
3. Title your image files with the name of the piece (i.e. Birdsnest 1, Birdsnest 2) but do not include your name anywhere in these files.
4. Attach IN THE SAME EMAIL a word file with your name, email, phone, address, the photo file names, and a sentence or two about the piece. Send as a word doc file. No docx, or pdf, sorry.
1. The piece must be your own work (although other materials, i.e. findings etc may be incorporated into the piece). The foldform may incorporate found objects and purchased objects, if they further develop the folded form.
2. Judging will be based on excellence in execution, originality, and/or innovative development of a foldform family. These are awards for the well-executed work, the beautiful form, or the fresh idea that earns an appreciative nod of “Well-done work”.
3. Winners to be named on August 6, 2012 at the Fifth Annual Charles Lewton-Brain Conference, Center for Metal Arts in Florida NY, and online at www.centerformetalarts.com/blog and Facebook/Center for Metal Arts.
3. The entry may be either a folded form or a fully finished work, although a fully realized piece may have more wow power. Your call.
Judges: Charles Lewton-Brain, Tim McCreight, Sr. Editor Brynmorgen Press, Ed and Rhoda Mack, Center for Metal Arts
To be announced, but we think you’ll like them. A lot.