Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
An exhibition featuring work by pairs of artists who develop, and cooperatively create a set of functional (or nonfunctional) tableware. Exhibited at Fancy Gallery, Seattle during the SNAG conference 2011. Online exhibition in 2 parts.
Latest Activity: Oct 28, 2012
What is this exhibition about ?
An exhibition featuring work by pairs of artists who cooperatively create a set of tableware (functional or nonfunctional.) To be exhibited at Fancy Gallery, Seattle during the SNAG conference 2011.
Why tableware? Eating requires the systematic use of a variety of serving tools- from flatware to dinnerware to serveware. Many functional serving elements combine each time we sit down to enjoy a meal. A cup and a saucer, a knife and a fork, a soup bowl and a spoon, diverse items work hand in hand at the breakfast or dinner table.
Can two artists create cooperatively too? Can two artists who typically work in different media (metal, paper, plastic, Cad Cam, enamel, ceramics, glass, wood, polymers etc.) create a set of objects that when combined allow for a meaningful function at the table?
This exhibition would like to show how two individual makers develop a tableware set together. These objects can work together, respond to one another, converse between each other, or work dependently with one another.
We are looking for work that has been developed by artists from a variety of craft backgrounds. The goal of the exhibition is to show where the influence of each individual artist ends, and FLOWS into the creative sphere of the team, thus picking up on the SNAG conference theme FLUX (Flux as a Process.) The end result will be an exhibition of items (or sets) on which both artists worked cooperatively, and that complement each other in their function (e.g.: ladle and gravy bowl, fork and knife, pots and pans, cup and saucer, etc.) or one piece on which both artists worked cooperatively (bowl, pepper mill, plate etc.)
Sarah Abramson, Brigitte Martin
Sarah Abramson, Andy Cooperman, Brigitte Martin
1914 2nd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
HERE ARE THE RESULTS (click on names for important additional information:)
Watch out: Craft Nerd Factor 10 !
6. Alison Bailey and Tom Kallio
7. Ann M. Fiala and Jordan Lynn Pigott
8. Nick Dong and Maru Almeida
9. Haley Bates and Sanam Emami
10. Becky McDonah and Sam Chung
11. Jillian Moore and Emily Watson
12. Caryn Schnell and Teresa F. Faris
13. Byung Jin Kim and Sang Hyuk Lee
14. Amie Adelman and Ana M. Lopez
15. Brian Weissman and Erin S. Daily
16. Ethan Eichstedt and Neta Ron
17. Galatea Kontos and Lauren Duffy
18. John B. Gilliam and Danielle Miller Gilliam
19. Sue Amendolara and Karen Ernst
20. Leslie Riches and Jason Huff
21. Thea Clark and Steven Grainger
22. Marissa Saneholtz and Laura Wood
23. Lisa M. Johnson and Randy Long
24. Charles Funnell and Susan McDonald
25. Sara Brown and Kimberly Jackson
26. Francesca Vitali and Loring Taoka
27. Jill Baker Gower and Joseph Gower
28. Phil Renato and Jun Suk Min
29. Elizabeth J. Hadley and Lydia A Comer
30. Anthony Tammaro and Joseph Gower
31. Carolyn Tillie, Rob Cluff, and 2Roses
32. Linda Savineau and Stephanie Jordens
33. Gretchen Yeo and Beth Zarden-Benson
34. C. Spencer Carl and Maggie Masson
35. Suzanne Pugh and Candice Tarnowski
36. Christine Simpson-Forni and Momoko Usami
Hello everyone:Heather Gibson just placed a Call for Artists on ch and I thought this one would be PERFECT for all you guys who have experience with collaborative work. Please take a look. You can find Heather on crafthaus. Have a good…Continue
This is an interesting call for collaborative work that I just came across and wanted to share with this group. You don't have to be a FS member to enter! This might be right up your alley!Call For Entries -- 2012 FURNITURE Conference…Continue
The closing reception for the exhibit was a big success, line out the door and people packed like sardines in a can. Great energy. Some pieces sold ! Yay. People really got into the fun aspect of collaborative work. All the pieces were greatly…Continue
Exhibition Update:I flew to Seattle last weekend to set up the exhibition together with Sally Brock and Erich Ginder (Fancy owners) and Sarah…Continue
Hello Cooperative Tableware Teams !Thank you all for participating in this exciting collaborative project. It was wonderful to see the results of the various cross-media cooperations, and to witness the diverse approaches taken to solve the task of…Continue
I thought it was time we introduced FANCY Gallery to you, the beautiful location where the "CoOperation Tableware" exhibition will take place in the Spring.Sarah Abramson and I had the great pleasure to talk with the owners on a few occasions, both…Continue
If you are a SNAG member looking to collaborate with an artist working in a different media, please leave a comment and your crafthaus or website address here so that you can be contacted for possible collaboration.Thank you.Want some help with…Continue
If you are NOT a SNAG member and you are looking to collaborate with a SNAG artist, please leave a comment, and your crafthaus or website address here so that you can be contacted for possible collaboration. You can also go to the SNAG group on…Continue