Would you put your own work into a show you were jurying?

In a discussion the other day several instances were noted wherein the juror of a show had submitted their own work to the show they were jurying. At first glance this seemed ...uncomfortable. But then, perhaps times have changed and we we're not keeping up on current events. What are your thoughts on this? Would you submit your own work to a show you were jurying?

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think now that it all depends...

If the show I was a judge for asked for me to put a piece in I would.
If not asked I would not ask if I could.
I faced this question when my wife Marie and I juried Tables as Art. We talked about the pros and cons of putting in your own work and decided that it should not be done. We felt anyone who entered and did not get in would question if their work would have been included,if the juror did not include their work.
I faced this question when my wife Marie and I juried Wood as Art featuring Tables. We talked about the pros and cons of putting in your own work and decided that it should not be done. We felt anyone who entered and did not get in would question if their work would have been included,if the juror did not include their work.

RSS

Latest Activity

Aleksandra Vali posted a status
"2023 Fortezza da Basso, Florence, Italy"
Sep 19, 2023
Aleksandra Vali and Letitia Pintilie are now friends
Sep 19, 2023
Catherine Marche liked Rebecca Skeels's discussion streamlining our pages
Feb 3, 2021
Jonathan Leo Brown posted a status
"An art deco inspired ocean liner container with multiple containers."
Nov 9, 2020