PARTICIPATORY SPORT FOR CRAFT ARTISTS
NCECA/crafthaus Conference Scholarship 2014
March 19-22, 2014 Milwaukee, WI
How to apply:
Copy/paste submission form into a word.doc, fill out form and e-mail to: email@example.com with the reference “NCECA Conference Scholarship 2014.”
Deadline for email application: Feb. 7, 2014
Notification Date: Week of February 10, 2014.
NO SUBMISSION FEE.
Cindy Bracker, NCECA Communications Director
Sam Chung, NCECA Director-at-Large
Assistant Professor - Ceramics, School of Art, Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, Arizona State University
- Applicants must be currently enrolled with both NCECA and crafthaus!
- Cindy Bracker and Sam Chung will select one scholarship recipient based on a review of images posted on the applicants’ crafthaus page and brief responses to a short questionnaire (see application form for details).
Complimentary pass to the 48th Annual NCECA Conference taking place March 19-22, 2014 in Milwaukee, WI.
* Shuttle tour ticket, enabling the Blogger to get to the conference exhibitions. (Longer excursion routes are excluded).
* One-year additional NCECA membership once the current membership expires.
* One-year additional crafthaus membership once the current membership expires.
* Prominent blogspace on crafthaus for one year. NCECA provides reciprocal blogspace on blog.NCECA.net.
* NCECA will work with the winning candidate to include him/her in events and meetings with NCECA, staff board and conference presenters.
The recipient will receive prominent blog space on crafthaus and the NCECA website geared towards the recipient’s field of expertise. Crafthaus and NCECA expect the recipient to blog at least twice monthly for a duration of 3 months miminum.
Suggested Blogging topics and timeline:
* Prior to conference: Introduction to audience, overview of own work, preparations for conference, introduction to conference theme, speakers, and exhibitions.
* During Conference: Updates on conference experience, such as exhibition review, speakers etc. Note: These blog updates will be brief to enable the scholarship recipient to fully concentrate on the conference itself.
* After conference: Periodic updates starting with continued, further in-depth conference coverage, then moving on to topic of Blogger’s choosing as described in application. Overall continuation of blog for 3 months minimum.
NCECA/crafthaus Conference Scholarship Submission Form
I. Contact Information:
Application for the scholarship is open to current, enrolled crafthaus and NCECA member regardless of location or background. Please check:
O I am a current, enrolled member with both crafthaus and NCECA.
II. Answer each of the following questions in 200 words or less:
1. What are your goals as a maker and as a writer?
2. What kinds of ideas, issues, people and/or work do you want to share through your blog entries?
3. What personal attributes make you stand apart from other applicants for this opportunity as the NCECA/crafthaus Scholarship recipient?
(1) Your submission will be reviewed from the images you posted to your new or current crafthaus profile solely! All applicants are strongly encouraged to update their photos on the site accordingly, add new images or delete images that are no longer relevant.
(2) Include media information, measurements and all other relevant information with each photo.
(3) Update your crafthaus page with relevant educational and/or updated CV information.
(4) TAG your photos with your name, media, and other relevant info!!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Deadline to email submission form: Feb. 7, 2014
e-mail your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
reference “NCECA Conference Scholarship 2014.”