PARTICIPATORY SPORT FOR CRAFT ARTISTS
How to apply:
Copy/paste submission form (below) into a word.doc, fill out form and e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “NCECA Scholarship 2013.”
Deadline for email application: Feb. 8, 2013
Notification Date: week of February 10, 2013.
NO SUBMISSION FEE.
Questions, problems? e-mail crafthauseditor at live dot com.
Sam Chung, NCECA Director-at-Large
Assistant Professor - Ceramics
School of Art, Herzberger Institute for Design and the Arts, Arizona
Applicant must be currently enrolled with NCECA and crafthaus!
NCECA Board member Sam Chung will select one scholarship recipient based on a review of images posted on the applicants’ crafthaus page and brief responses to a short questionnaire (see application form for details).
* Complimentary pass to the 47th Annual NCECA Conference taking place in Houston, TX from March 20-23, 2012.
* 2013 NCECA Biennial/ National Student Juried Exhibition catalog. Shuttle tour ticket, enabling the Blogger to get to the conference exhibitions. (Longer excursion routes are excluded).
* One-year additional NCECA membership once the current membership expires.
* One-year additional crafthaus membership once the current membership expires.
* Prominent blogspace on crafthaus for one year. NCECA provides reciprocal blogspace on blog.NCECA.net.
* NCECA will work with the winning candidate to include him/her in events and meetings with NCECA, staff board and conference presenters.
The recipient will receive prominent blog space on crafthaus and the NCECA website geared towards the recipient’s field of expertise. Crafthaus and NCECA expect the recipient to blog at least twice monthly.
Suggested Blogging topics and timeline:
* Prior to conference: Introduction to audience, overview of own work, preparations for conference, introduction to conference theme, speakers, exhibitions.
* During Conference: Updates on conference experience, such as exhibition review, speakers etc. Note: These blog updates will be brief to enable the scholarship recipient to fully concentrate on the conference itself.
* After conference: Periodic updates starting with continued, further in-depth conference coverage, then moving on to topic of Blogger’s choosing as described in application. Continuation of blog for 12 months max.
NCECA/crafthaus Conference Scholarship Submission Form
I. Contact Information:
Application for the scholarship is open to current, enrolled crafthaus and NCECA members (must be current members of both organizations) regardless of location or background.
O I am a current, enrolled member with both crafthaus and NCECA.
II. Answer each of the following questions in 200 words or less:
1. What are your goals as a maker and as a writer?
2. What kinds of ideas, issues, people and/or work do you want to share through your blog entries?
3. What personal attributes make you stand apart from other applicants for this opportunity as the NCECA/crafthaus Scholarship recipient?
(1) Your submission will be reviewed from the images you posted to your new or current crafthaus profile solely! All applicants are strongly encouraged to update their photos on the site accordingly, add new images or delete images that are no longer relevant.
(2) Include media information, measurements and all other relevant information with each photo.
(3) Update your crafthaus page with relevant educational and/or updated CV information.
(4) TAG your photos with your name, media, and other relevant info!!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Deadline to email submission form: Feb. 1, 2013
e-mail your entry to: email@example.com,
reference “NCECA Scholarship 2013.”