Interdisciplinary. Community. Advocacy. Humor.
Deadline: Aug. 15, 2012
Release date: Late - October 2012
We are seeking images to feature in our next annual calendar, The Art and Design of Metal Clay Jewelry and More 2013. In addition to including jewelry as in the past, this year ALL Metal Clay forms will be included - necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, brooches, vessels, objects and other items will be considered. Unique and diverse design styles and techniques are desired. Metal Clay should be the predominant material and all types and brands of Metal Clay will be considered, but other media - resin, gems, metals, enamel, and more may be incorporated into the design. High digital images will be accepted by mail or e-mail:
c/o Calendar Submission 2013
13754 Knight Court, Gainesville, VA 20155
New unpublished/unseen work is preferred. Group shots or individual pictures will be accepted. Limit 3 entries, no more than 2 shots per entry. Please don't send actual pieces. Professional photo quality is a MUST. Images should be 300 dpi, in tiff, jpg or psd format with no compression. The image size should be no smaller than 5". However ONLY large format photos 8 1/2 x 11" can be considered for the prominent cover position.
Artwork for inclusion will be selected based on:
- High degree of excitement
- Unique use of metal clay and degree of challenge
Hint: The above is a great checklist for submissions
Artists retain copyright of their work and receive a free copy of the calendar if selected. Each calendar page measures 8.5” x 11” and measures 11” x 17” when opened.
Please include the following information with your submission. Missing information may forfeit your position in the calendar:
3. Website or e-mail (indicate if this information should be included on the calendar)
4. Title of piece
5. Materials used
6. Dimensions in millimeters
7. Brief Description of process and/or motivation to how it was conceived. An interesting, well written statement is encouraged, 50 words or less. (This information will be published so put your best foot forward. Entries may be edited.)
8. File name
9. Has your file been retouched?
10. Is your file 300 dpi?
Please direct all inquiries to: email@example.com
To see a sample of last year’s calendar go to: http://tinyurl.com/3cbn4o