Artist Deadline Sunday, July 23, 2017 at Midnight US ET
Results at www.foldforming.org on Monday AUG 28, 2017
Prizes go to 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention (HM) and the Innovation Award. Additional entries are recognized each year in a Jurors’ Choice round. The Innovation Award was created by the jury in 2014 to recognize a startlingly innovative entry. It’s the only such award to date, but the opportunity remains available for surprising technical advancements. A set of paper hammers by The Paper Hammer is earmarked for this winner. Or, if none is selected, the set goes to 1st Place. The gauntlet is thrown – the challenge is out there!
• Submit up to three pieces of work using foldforming techniques in the metal arts, with up to two images (views) per piece
• Mixed media pieces are welcome if a major component of the work is foldforming in metal
• Large, well lit, in focus, high-definition images suitable for print are important; format .jpg and max size 8MB.
Solid or gradient white, gray, or black background preferred where possible.
No photo edits that alter the look of the piece or its workmanship are permitted
• Artists are asked to include photo credits to acknowledge the photographer of each piece.
• Entry into the competition will constitute a photo release (details available)
• There is a $25 fee for submission
Questions about the entry process? Click
for tips and contacts
More about photography
Artists submit only digital images of their work for this competition. Your work is never shipped. Because the jury relies solely on images to judge work, high quality photography (well-lit, in focus, high definition) is very important. If photography is not your thing, consider asking someone else to help.